Tuesday 22 March 2011

Jeffrey Campbell

If you know me in regards to fashion, you'll know I have a slight Jeffrey Campbell problem. Ok, addiction.

I love his shoes. I LOVE THEM. They're quirky but not too quirky, always classy, always awesome. They run from the glittered to the golden, the studded to the spiked. You can never get bored of looking at them, or buying them.

Unfortunately stockists of JC's here in the UK are few and far between, in fact the only two I know of are Office and ASOS, and they have such a small collection you'd be forgiven for not even having heard of Jeffrey. Look further afield however, and you'll find the mecca of all things shoe - www.solestruck.com - whose motto is 'To rid the world of ugly shoes one shoe at a time.' And that is what they do, with not just ten or twenty pairs of JC's, but HUNDREDS. I took the plunge and splurged on two pairs of them. Well, solestruck was offering free international shipping if you spent over $200 so I felt it would be rude not to. One of which I loved, the other I didn't and as a result this $250 pair of shoes is gathering dust in my closet because of an expensive international returns policy. Oops!

The pair I am in love with are these, Clinic.

They are the perfect addition to any outfit lacking a little...kazam. I wear them with jeans and a worn out tee and I'm instantly transported into well dressed land. A leather jacket and black tights is just ridiculously rock and roll. They were my shoe of choice for my Birthday, where I paired them with a white lace dress, black leather jacket, black tights and big silver jewellery. It was a hit.


In fact, every time I've worn them to an event I've always been style spotted or papped for some kind of fashion publication. The last of which was at Belfast Fashion Week, which you can see below.


Don't they look good?

Other Jeffrey's that have got my attention include:







2 comments: