Monday 13 September 2010

Falling for Fall


I don't know about elsewhere in the world, but Autumn has already started to creep it's way in here in Belfast. I have to wear socks inside, the leaves have started to change, and it's already a little chilly to leave the house without a jacket. It's too early to put the legs we've spent all summer tanning and shaving away, but too late to bare our shoulders. My room is covered in a mixture of Summer and Winter as I try to get the last wear of all my floral summer dresses, and have already begun to take all of my knitwear out of storage.

My suggestion for bridging the small gap between Summer and Autumn is this: mix it. Wear short floral numbers with oversized chunky knits. Wear shorts with brogues and ankle socks. Wear high heeled sandals with oversized tuxedo jackets. Take the neutral tones of Autumn and brighten them up with bright summer florals. One thing is for sure, my legs aren't going to be in tights just yet!


Knitted Fairisle Cardigan
$110 - topshop.com
Knit tops »

Acid Wash Playsuit
$70 - topshop.com
TopShop rompers »


Bow Perl Ankle Socks
3 GBP - missselfridge.com
Ankle socks »


Tan Floral Brogue**
35 GBP - missselfridge.com
Floral shoes »



No comments:

Post a Comment